Samsung Invents A Screen On The Back Of Trucks To Show The Road Ahead
You are living in a world where a watch is a computer and a table is an air conditioner.
Samsung is the next company to have overlap in the invention arena. The compay’s newest invention is a television set. Nothing unusual for Samsung, a company known for its electronics, right?
Samsung’s newest television is the back wall of a truck.
We’re not talking a stationary truck either. You don’t sit stagnant in your car and watch the back of the truck like you’re in a drive-in movie. While you are driving on the open highway, you watch the images on the screen which display the traffic in your lane in front of the truck. The “safety truck” is designed for drivers on a two-lane highway with each lane moving in the opposite direction of traffic.
1. Many drivers won’t drive behind trucks since they obscure their vision of the lane. This invention is the solution since the images on the screen depict the lane in front of the truck.
2. If trucks move slowly or emit smelly fumes, drivers may opt to go around the truck. Head-on collisions occur when drivers stike what is in the lane with oncoming traffic.
The screen will show drivers if there are objects in the oncoming traffic lane or if it is safe to pass the truck.
3. The screen adapts to both light and dark driving conditions.
4. The “safety truck” has already been tested, and Samsung has confirmed it can save lives.
5. The technology is simple. There is a wireless camera mounted on the front of the truck which displays the lane ahead on a screen mounted on the back wall of the truck.
Read more here.